Sunday, January 13, 2008

A reminder: I'm not joking about escalators

It's never a good idea to horse around on moving machinery after consuming significant quantities of alcohol. But I'm telling you, there are some machines to which we have become so habituated that we easily forget how dangerous they can be.

And it's never occured to me that those rubber belts on the banister could be ridden. Most of the time they don't even go the same speed as the steps. Plus, do you know how many little vectors have touched those things? (No, that's not my #1 anxiety, but still...)

I've been to the Hollywood & Highland complex. if you're on the top floor looking out into the open courtyard, you'll quickly notice that it's a long way to the bottom. Whatever transportation you take to get there. Which is probably why I don't go there much. All the same... I think I don't even want to know all the details of this tragedy. I just imagine one of the three or four nightmare escalator scenarios I've already filed under WCS and that's all I need.

The only thing that would have made it worse is if this fellow had been taking the escalator with a baby stroller in tow.

Blogged with Flock

0 comments: